This week I submitted chapters three and four of Raging Alone to the writing group. There were some good points made but one of the ones that the entire table brought up was the names. I figured that I could use the tool I just wrote to find out how bad it was.
I finished all my assigned issues for Author Intrusion v0.10.0. Here is a brief summary of the changes made to this unstable project.
After a few weeks of work, the current rewrite of Author Intrusion got to a stopping point. This has the minimum functionality to detect echo works but it has a long way to go.
After a rough start of the previous week, I got a chance to really focus on Author Intrusion (AI). Despite the rather significant amount of check-ins and coding, I wasn't quite able to get to a really good "show off" point. Instead, this week ended up being a black triangle (significant progress but nothing visible).
Retrospective on a month of working on MfGames Culture.
Added some functionality to Author Intrusion and bumped up the version to 0.1.0.
Author Intrusion, though I think it will help my writing, has a risk of getting caught in the objective and mechanical aspects of writing.
Once again, I'm trying to make a version of Author Intrusion that works for me. After a weekend of developing, I have a pretty solid base using a language I just learned: TypeScript and Node.js.
I've gotten the final schedule for WisCon and I have two events. In addition, I got myself on the cover of another magazine, Bloodbond.
After a few years of struggling with dictionaries while writing, I think I wrote a program that will let me use project, world, and byline dictionaries in writing without shuffling large number of words from file to file.
I spent the last few weeks getting things off my to do list so I could focus on Author Intrusion, but it looks like I need another week or so before that happens.
A status update on the Rutejìmo series, including a little bit of humiliation.
One of the complexities of authors is their names. I want to avoid making an assumption of how they are displayed and used. At the same time, I want to reuse the logic to handle character names within the story.
I reached the first visible moment in Author Intrusion with command-line tool that does one thing, convert Markdown into DocBook formats.
A brief discussion why I'm using tokens for this implementation of Author Intrusion and the issues of memory pressure and editing.
Going to work on Author Intrusion a little while waiting on my writing projects. Maybe I can finally get the writing environment I'm looking for.