A year ago, at one of my more successful panels at WisCon, I was on a panel with K. Tempest Bradford and Kristine Smith talking about writing processes. I got to see a lot of cool gadgets but I also got a chance to talk about my processes of writing with Markdown, YAML, and Git.
I realized that it's been a while since I wrote up how I write with Markdown and YAML. This is the current state of my technique of writing.
I spent the last few weeks working on the beginning of an event-based Markdown parser. I know why, but I've fallen into a rabbit hole that threatens to swallow me.
One of the complexities of authors is their names. I want to avoid making an assumption of how they are displayed and used. At the same time, I want to reuse the logic to handle character names within the story.
I reached the first visible moment in Author Intrusion with command-line tool that does one thing, convert Markdown into DocBook formats.