burn out day n: The day after obsessively programming a computer game for three days. Symptoms include:
- Spending nearly two hours just playing a mindless hack-and-slash flash game.
- Start up chat, then decide you didn't really want to talk to anyone.
- Talking to your dad for two hours about 3D modeling and finding out you have yet another thing in common with the man. And you might be able to help.
- Enjoying said conversation with your dad.
- Feeling frustrated that you can't work on your game though you only have six days left.
- Preparing to go to your wife's black belt test, which means you actually only have three days left on the game.
- Being depressed that everyone is a better programmer than you.
- ... and can do more in four weeks than you.
- Feeling a bit better realizing that this is the first contest that you actually are entering.
- ... and only the third game you've ever created.
- Still manage to go to bed two hours late.
I'm going to say, I didn't "do" anything last night. :)