I love the meme, specially fun ones like this one I stole from Tiffany Trent.
What were you doing five years ago?
Hrm, five years ago I was switching jobs back to the place I worked for fifteen years before. It wasn't the choice I wanted, but at the time, the market was horrible and I needed something. I was also enjoying the high of my first published novel (another byline). I believe it was also the point that I was asked to write a novel for a friend that she could "show my brother."
What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
- Get the speakers and TV out of the back of my car.
- Finish up the remains of Running Bomb so I can say I submitted it.
- Work out for at least 15 minutes.
- Send out the "comment for free copy of my book" that I promised.
- Go to bed on time.
The sleeping thing is still hard for me, which is why its on the list of things to do.
What are five snacks you enjoy?
- Diet Coke. It food, damn it. *sigh* The shakes are already starting.
- Trail mix.
- Nutty bars... yummy.
- McDonald's Chicken Nuggets.
- Canned (but not fresh) peaches and pears.
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
- The debt thing, obviously.
- Build an island, not buy, build.
- Become a full-time novelist and game writer.
- Donate a hell of a lot of money to web comics and people I enjoy who do things for free.
- Support a lot of open-sourced projects.
What are five of your bad habits?
- Obsession on the project of the week.
- I don't exercise enough. Need to lose more weight.
- I worry about money too much.
- I worry about my talent as a writer.
- I don't get angry or excited really. Even when I'm "excited" it isn't really that excited.
What are five places where you have lived?
- Iowa City, IA, USA
- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA
- Carpentersville, IL, USA
- Mount Prospect, IL, USA
- West Chicago, IL, USA
What are five jobs you've had?
- Vice President
- Senior Developer
- Human Resources
- Technical Writer
- Husband (take-home pay is crap and Fluffy doesn't report my earnings to the IRS either.)