Every year, I believe the year with a bunch of new goals. My record for achieving them isn't the greatest, but I'm usually pretty good at least making a few of them. This year, after some playful ribbing from Fluffy, I have five:
- Writing: Finish Flight of the Scions. This was last year's goal also, but I hit writer's block for most of the year. I'm not including writing a novel this year, because after so many years of doing it, it's more of a "well, duh" item instead of something remarkable. I'm going to write a new novel this year, it just isn't a goal.
- Programming: Join and complete 4E7. I've had a nasty time with game writing contests last year. I'm going to not join any game writing contests until 4E7, then work on that one. I want to finish, damn it. Now, that said, I'm still going to work on CuteGod, Baby Squid God, and Wordplay when I want to write a game.
- Health: Lose 16 kg (35 pounds). I need to loose some weight. This is actually the hardest one on the set. I'm not going to set a goal of a certain number of miles on a bike or walking, or the stairs or anything. I just want to be 16 kg lighter by the end of the year (and ideally not through projectile vomiting or amputation).
- Family: Be living with Fluffy, our cats, and dog in the same house by the end of the year. I'm tired of living across two states, really, really tired of it.
- Education: Graduate with a master's. I'm on track for this one, but I need just a little push...
I do have some secondary goals. These are goals that I want to get done, but I won't feel guilty of I don't:
- I have a second novel that needs an edit round and self-publication. I won't get the artwork done in a reasonable time, but I can everything prepared for the artwork.
- Get at least one story published.
- Finish up the book of poetry I've been working in my spare time for two years.
- Finish Baby Squid God.
- Finish CuteGod.
- Finish the Glorious Saber arc and get closure on that project.
- Get more commissions.
- Stop being a wanna writer and programmer.
- 5 ascensions on Kingdom of Loathing.