- Static pages: Lately, my ISP's rendering of WordPress has gotten pretty slow. Static pages are about as fast as I can make it.
- No logins: Since everything is generated on my local machines, there isn't a chance of breaking into the system since there is no logins.
- Unique appearance: Well… mostly. I'm not using a built-in theme, just something I threw together with Bootstrap and a few other plugins.
- Controlled via Git: I love source control, not much else to say.
While I know that the chances of someone breaking into my WordPress sites was pretty low, even with automated tools, those emails were the last thing I needed to push me into doing this. It also gave me a chance to create something “different” and also tie into some other processes.
In the process, I changed
- The Moonfires: The portal site for my family.
- D. Moonfire: My blog and writing site.
- Moonfire Games: My programming and games site.
Technically, I changed a few others, but I have no traffic with those, so they don't really count.
It isn't perfect. I still see things I need to do, but at the moment, it works well enough that I should move into the next project. So, here's for a new site that I will hopefully enjoy for years.