- (2014-07-03) What is in a name?
One of the barriers of entry of Sand and Blood is the main character's name, Rutejìmo. As much as this hurts my chance of selling the book, there is a reason behind it.
- (2016-10-04) Sand and Bone 1, Flight of the Scions 35
This week, I start the serialization of Sand and Bone, the third and final book of Rutejìmo's story.
- (2016-12-14) Sand and Bone 9, a little lesson on Miwāfu, gender in the desert, and speaking for the spirits
A grandfather looking for revenge and a man who cannot stop him.
- (2017-04-18) Idle Thoughts, Worn Ideas, The Choice, and Sand and Bone 27
I've thought a lot about my master plot, the different threads and stories that weave together into where I'm going. Even thought Sand and Bone is a single point-of-view novel, it is part of a master plot that I hope to see some day. I'm just doing it novel-by-novel instead o scene-by-scene. However, there is a drawback of thinking about stories too much and I'm afraid of burning out the idea before it can be pried out of my skull.
- (2019-04-11) Poem - Burnt Hills and Embers
I've organized much of my planned ideas for future novels and stories around three phases related to a world war that marks the passage of Fedran from a world of magic to one of industry and steampunk.
- (2019-04-28) Poem - Love Among Girls
For the twenty-eight day of National Poetry Month, the theme is forbidden lesbian lovers.