Not having anything to do for a week, nor places to go is doing the predictable to me. My huge list of things to do isn't even remotely done, though I did make a pretty website, set up GnuCash to manage finances across two households, and set up my stereo system (need a new stand though). But, my hopes of restarting Glorious Saber or getting a ton of short stories done have both resulted in everything but. I also learned a couple lessons:
- It is really hard to make pancakes without eggs, a spatula, or cooking spray or oil.
- It is also not a good idea to cook without paper towels, but a bathroom towel will do in a pinch when you miss the pan because you are using a fork and a wooden spoon to flip it.
- There is a reason I don't fry in butter anymore... yummy.
- I still like double-entry bookkeeping and actually prefer it.
- I can't do 64 situps.
- It hurts the next morning after I try to do 64 situps.
- And I still hit the snooze alarm way too often, need to get it down to 2-3 at most.
- I'm very glad there is no one around me when I went from four cans of Diet Coke a day to nothing for a week. I hate myself after that.
Other than that, I'm getting situated and fairly happy. Just little things here and there, but mainly I'm looking forward to starting my new job on Monday.