On #lexember 3, I present nupyako for measuring the balance of type elements
On the third day of Lexember I continue the theme of typesetting by including another measurement.
Lexember 3: nakamopyako
The third word is a specialized word for typography.
- nakamopyàko: /na.ka.mo.ꜜpja.ko/
- nakamopyāko: /na.ka.mo.pjaː.ko/
- nakamopyáko: /na.ka.mo.ꜛpja.ko/
- A typeface that favors larger bottom elements compared to top.
- A typeface that has a large number of swirls or embellishments.
- A typeface that has a low x-height.
- A typeface that favors smaller bottom elements compared to top.
- A typeface that has few or little decorations or swirls.
- A typeface that has a high x-height.
- To struggle with the choice of letter and glyph appearance to convey a specific meaning.